Exit This Way Consulting guides you through the planning, preparation and implementation of your eventual sale, by drawing upon the most appropriate and relevant of the following actions and activities;
- Creating a strategy to match your objectives
- Establishing a current (baseline) market value through a certified appraisal
- Performing presale transaction Due Diligence (helps ensure there are no surprises in actual purchaser due diligence – surprises kill deals)
- Analyzing the current corporate structure and Balance Sheet for optimization of maximum value
- Setting clear expectations of the Net To Owner Analysis (NTOA) on the proceeds of a most likely transaction, including tax strategies
- Properly positioning the presale year’s capital expenditures, to maximize Shareholder value
- Developing a preferred “transaction type” strategy; Asset Sale versus Share Sale
- Discussing and preparing for most likely buyers; key employee, strategic industry purchaser, competitor or financial buyers (Private Equity)
- Conducting annual codicil updates to the Valuation, with accompanying current recommendations and strategies
- Fast Start positioning, we are ready on a moments’ notice with a marketing Confidential Information Memorandum (the CIM book) for a surprise interested Purchaser
Maximum value is best obtained
by starting at least 3 to 5 years
before an expected sale.
By investing time now, you will have a significant advantage when you decide to go to market.